Saturday, August 22, 2026


"I believe a huge part of the church in recent days has focused too much on the academia part of Scripture…

Who by doing so have inflamed their heads rather than their hearts, and thinking that by the Scriptures alone, through the letter of the law,

they would find life…"

I can't recall who said that but I think it echoes Jesus in John 5:39 -

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;"

John 5:39 has been interpreted in different ways, and the commentaries reflect a variety of opinions.

But when I read it, I see a warning that can apply to those who diligently study the Word of God, yet fail to carry its spirit into the world by seeking to imitate the deeds and compassion of Christ.

Like the Pharisees, they may have the holy, life-giving Scriptures stored in their minds, yet overlook the humanitarian work of the heart.

They search the Scriptures for truth, but may fail to let that truth move through their hands, their feet, and their lives— loving the forgotten, comforting the suffering, and serving those in need.

If you notice on his notebook under "Bible Study" he lists "Read, Study, Understand, Teach. But the one thing needful he neglects is -- ACT. 


No comments: