Monday, January 22, 2018


  "It is a mistake to think that one makes a friend because of his or her qualities; it has nothing to do with qualities at all. It is the person that we want, not what he does or says, or does not do or say, but what he is! That is eternally enough. Who shall explain the extraordinary instinct that tells us, perhaps after a single meeting, that this or that particular person in some mysterious way matters to us?" Arthur Benson.

  Needless to say I've been reading about friendship lately, and I just love this quote. I work a Christian Hotline and I talk to many people, hundreds: but there are some that stand out and instantly I am taken by them, it is something mysterious, and grand. There is an immediate connection, we talk on the same frequency, well, this quote explains it better than I can. 

No comments: