Tuesday, August 28, 2018



  Our church closes one Sunday a year to go into the community and do charitable work like yard clean up in Schools, Non profits, and other community organizations that can use the help. I joined about 16 others who helped at a halfway house for women in recovery. I prayed that I might make a meaningful connection with someone there, either in the house or in the team working. As God would have it, He was pleased and I ended up meeting a man near my age with 30 years experience working in prisons and jails. I also met a woman who's been sober for a number of years and was interested in some resource material I have. I also met the director of the house, and she is over a number of houses for both men and women and was eager to have me do some Bibles studies for the residents. And lastly, I met a woman who was a victim of abuse when young and was lost in drugs for years until the Lord called her out. She's at a place in her life where she feels strongly the call of the Lord to do ministry and her heart burns with zeal. The Holy Spirit was all through our conversations and I'm eager to see where it will lead because she is interested in going into the jail with me as well as the mission. I left the job knowing she, if none of the others, was a divine encounter. Can't wait to see what God is going to do!

No comments: