Wednesday, March 27, 2019




 "The work of my salvation is not a solitary process. I cannot build up the virtues of my heart if I am thinking only of God. Would I be humble; mine must be a humility before man. Anyone could be humble before God. It does not need a redeemed soul to shrink into nothingness beneath the stars of night. But to sink my interests before a brother, to refrain from self-display in the presence of an inferior-- that is humility! Would I be meek; it must be before man. I dare not answer God; all flesh is silent in His presence. But to be gentle with an equal, to be soft with a dependent, to be lenient with a fallen soul-- that is meekness! Would I be charitable; it must be before man. God needs not my silver nor my gold; they would add no drop to His ocean. But, to clothe a brother's rags, to soothe a sister’s pain, to give the children bread, to help the orphan's cry, to bind the broken heart and comfort the wounded conscience -- that is to aid God, that is charity!" George Matheson.  

No comments: