Thursday, April 11, 2019








"The righteous shall be recompensed in the earth." Proverbs 11:31


  Lord, wherever my spirit may dwell hereafter, the recompense I seek for my present deed is that the earth may be blessed in it. 

  I gave a coin yesterday to a tattered woman, and she invoked all Your chariots of blessing to descend upon me. She thought she was drawing profusely on Your stores; what she asked of You seemed inadequate. It was not treasure from above that I wanted from You; it was treasure from below. I wished some day to find that my coin had been a turning point in this woman's fortune -- that it had given her new hope, new comfort, new courage, new belief in man, new confidence in You. 
For any good I do, O God, it is earth that I should like to be recompensed." George Matheson, photo by Cedric Hayes Portland Oregon. 

No comments: