Saturday, November 28, 2020


 Oh dear soul, I see in God's spotless and beloved Son, to whom His power was peculiarly delegated, and in whom He peculiarly dwelt, giving singular attention to the most fallen and despised men, casting away all outward pomp that He might mingle familiarly with the poor and neglected; when  I see him sitting at the table with the publican and sinner, inviting them to approach Him as a friend, allowing the women whose touch was deemed pollution to bedew his feet with tears; and when  I hear Him in the midst of such a concourse saying, "I have come to seek and to save that which was lost," I have an understanding and conviction of the lenience, the gentleness, kindness and graciousness, of that God whose representative and chosen minister Jesus was, such as not abstract teaching could have given me. 

So take heart isolated one, you've got a friend in Jesus!

Taken from W.E. Channing.   

No comments: