Friday, April 23, 2021

    "There is something real and good in my faith -- a call to love God and neighbors that I can't abandon without feeling a pang of betrayal. There is also something wrong with my faith: a vague hostility toward the cherished religions of my non-Christian neighbors that I can't exactly support without feeling an equal and opposite pang of betrayal. To accept and love God, must I betray my neighbor of another religion? 

The stronger this internal conflict grows, the more certain is my sense of calling to imagine and strive for something better. I'm seeking a way of being Christian that makes me more hospitable, not more hostile... more loving, not more judgmental; more like Christ and less (I'm sad to have to say this) like many churchgoers I have met."

Brian McLaren. 

No comments: