Saturday, April 23, 2022


   I joined a new gym, and at 75yrs. old, I try and go five days a week to keep the motor running. One of the employees there, about 22, has been very cordial to me. I return the sentiments and I wanted to engage her with spiritual things so I began by typing out this little quote and giving it to her. I put her name in the place of "Burke." 

"Tell me, Burke, do you not feel a spirit stirring within you that longs to know, to do, and to dare; to hold converse with the great world of thought, and hold before you some high and noble object to which the vigor of your mind and the strength of your arm may be given? Do you not have longings like these, which you may not breathe to anyone, and which you feel must be heeded, or you will pass through life unsatisfied and regretful? I am sure you have them, and they will forever cling round your heart till you obey their mandate. They are the voices of that nature which God has given you, and which, when obeyed, will bless you and your fellow-men" 


I've had success using this quote, and it may be you will choose a different approach, but as long as we do something, something will happen. If we do nothing we can be certain of the results.... 






No comments: