Thursday, January 05, 2023


 

The following amazing story by Amy Carlisle shows the power, the reach and the opportunity we have to minister through social media. These are the best of times, and the worst... Here's her story --- 

"I was newly exploring a support group site on FB. A non-Christian support group, A friend recommended it to me.

It was a place that I could encourage, witness, give and share.

So basically, anything goes there, Meaning you can say or ask anything.

From just venting, too honestly seeking answers. From grief, to contemplating an abortion.

Negative is not welcome there, Not even the angry emojis are allowed!

I was rather shocked at first by some of the subjects, some of the posts I avoided, just being honest.

They are always busy, always have posts coming in.

It’s a large private group, that takes it seriously.

You have to send them a selfie with you holding a paper with the date written on it. They want to be sure you are real.

That's actually great because many sensitive issues are talked about.

You can also ask anonymously.

I can share my faith in the comments, with support or advice.

It was different that's for sure.

There wasn't much talk of God or about God.

Sometimes they'd ask for prayers or good vibes.

So, one evening scrolling through,

I rarely go directly, looking. I usually let Him lead me.

Yes, He'll do that on social media too!

I spotted a post, it said she was grieving, she was missing her best friend who had been brutally murdered.

“Would someone pray with her?”

Now there was already several comments, I didn't think my comment would matter much. But I needed to comment, for some reason.

I just said,

I'm so sorry, I will gladly pray with you.

Right away she asked, will you message me? Sure!

Permission to message is required, it's in the rules.

So I did.

She was so sad and distraught. Who wouldn't be?

Just one detail she shared with me was enough that I cringed and I didn't want to know any more graphic details.

I prayed for her and tried to console this broken, grief stricken, beautiful soul.

I offered reassurance that this man would answer for what he'd done. That God would help her heal and overcome and not forget her best friend.

I even sung her a verse of Farther Along.

Oh the things we'll do for a hurting heart.

I also got her in touch with a minister after asking her if she'd want that.

Well, I can say confidently now that was a divine appointment.

That's been a couple of years ago and believe it or not we're still friends. We usually stay in contact daily.

She's been on my heart recently.

The murder trial is coming up again, It's been put off for so long.

She just wants justice for her friend and closure to help her move on with her life.

Would you remember her and this situation when you

say your prayers?

I'd appreciate it and

I know she would too.

Love, Amy" 

I have Amy's  permission to share this, as well as the permission of the woman spoken about.

No comments: