Thursday, August 31, 2023


 "Elijah was giving God a rundown of his feelings.

The emotions were big.

He gets just about as real as it gets:


"I've had enough. I want to die!"

(We love our drama)

"I'm the only real Believer left."

(We love our self righteousness)

"Look at what I did!"

(We love our accreditations)

"There's nobody I can trust!"

(We love our alienation)

"I feel like nobody cares if I die!"

(We love our loneliness)

"There are people who hate me!"

(We love our fears)


Does any of that sound familiar?

Granted, Elijah was undeniably between a rock and a hard place.

God seems to do some good work in those places, doesn't He?

While giving up was what seemed

to be his only option, God simply will

not have it.

Not in Elijah and not in me."


Ann Stewart Porter.

No comments: