Wednesday, August 19, 2026


"Years and years and years ago, when I was in college, 

there was a stunning, beautiful girl I often watched from afar. 

She was a quiet beauty, with a powerful life. 

She had such a gracious spirit for life.

 

When I finally had the opportunity, 

imagine my surprise to find that she was deaf. Not that deaf women aren't beautiful, because they are, 

but because of the way she stood 

in her beauty, unfazed by that different circumstance of her life. 


Would that I could have snipped a petal of a soul 

so content in how God had made her, 

in His perfection, not her own, I would have done so. 


It became one of the lessons I did 

not squander.

I found the beauty and fragrance 

that weeps joy 

and plays the music of God.” Ann Stewart Porter.


I love to hear about people that are gracious, self-possessed with a strong but humble dignity. I was struck by the last line – “I found the beauty and fragrance that weeps joy and plays the music of God.” 

What does it mean to “weep joy?” 

I asked A.I. and this is what it said – 

"Given the next phrase, “and plays the music of God,” I think the author may be describing a beauty that is deeply spiritual and emotionally overwhelming—not merely cheerful, but so pure, tender, and radiant that it brings one close to tears and seems to participate in something divine."


No comments: