Sunday, April 01, 2007

"Live a life of love"

Art, I so love art. If it is something that my eye considers beautiful it immediately begins a thought process; what is the artist trying to convey, what are the feelings I’m experiencing? What story or person do I project into the picture?
God, through this life, has made me sensitive to those in distress or sorrow. So a theme that portrays sorrow immediately gains my full attention. If it is a Christian or religious theme, I again am drawn to it. If it is a sculpture of beauty or great detail it draws me even deeper.
This picture brings so many thoughts to mind. For me Christianity is most nobly illustrated when compassion and faith are portrayed. I ran across a scripture in Hebrews in the hall of faith, chapter11:35 it says “Through faith, women received back their dead, raised to life again”. God has graced all mankind with a fervent, devotion to those we love; whether family member, friend or at times stranger.
It has been demonstrated by the pure love of a mother, to heroes of faith and compassion throughout history.
I see in this woman tenderness, with her face intimately close to the sufferer; who could represent Florence Nightingale and the many wounded and dying soldiers that were graced by her caring cheek and soft assuring voice of love.
It could be the mother whose child is being nursed with love, faith, and hope of a resurrection to health, or a bidding farewell to a greater resurrection.
I see Mother Teresa, and her inspired love, ministering as though this were Christ in her arms.
Innocence, (holiness in its grandest form), compassion and acts of mercy make up the most important part of Christianity to me, let all the rest be forgotten, if this is lived, God will be glorified and ever sought after.
“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love……
Ephesians 5:1

No comments: