Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Last week we had a lion in town. I went to see him. He was wonderfully tame; as familiar with his keeper, as docile and obedient as a spaniel. Yet the man told me he had his surly fits when they dared not touch him. No looking-glass could express my face more justly than this lion did my heart. I could trace every feature, as wild and fierce by nature, yea, much more so; but grace has in some measure tamed me; I know and love my Keeper and sometimes watch His looks that I may learn His will. But, oh! I have my surly fits too; seasons when I relapse into the savage again, as though I had forgotten all."

John Newton - Photo by Carlos Barriuso Amo

2 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Fred:)

I fully agree with this quote. All of us have God in us. But sometimes, the devil tempts us very badly and we lose our composure and become like the wild lion-totally out of control.

The photo selection is very apt for the post.

Have a nice day Fred:)
Joseph

Anonymous said...

Very well put I growl all the time