Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Unto you therefore which believe He is precious




  I will tell you one thing that proves -- proves to a demonstration, that Christ is still precious to his people, and it is this:-- send one of Christ's people to hear the most noted preacher of the age, whoever that may be; he preaches a very learned sermon, very fine and magnificent, but there is not a word about Christ in that sermon. suppose that to be the case, and the Christian man will go out and say,
"I did not care a farthing for that man's discourse." Why? "because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him. I heard nothing about Christ." Send that man on the Sabbath morning to hear some hedge and ditch preacher, some one who cuts the king's English about never so badly, but who preaches Jesus Christ -- you will see the tears rolling down that man's face, and when he comes out he will say, "I do not like that man's bad grammar; I do not like the many mistakes he has made, but oh! it has done my heart good, for he spoke about Christ."

C.H. Spurgeon, picture from the Internet

1 comment:

Matt said...

much agreed.