Monday, February 03, 2014


My Ludicrous Creed…by Eric Blauer

I must confess my perplexity at the enormity of this conundrum,
You are upside down or right side up…I cannot tell.
The fed are those who are hungry,
Quenched are they who agonize in thirst
The great are so small, so very, very small.
The mad hear the voice of peace in the echo of war,
And mercy, mercy, mercy is all I can mumble over the verdict of…guilty.
But justice seems ridiculously blind and beckons us fools into the ditch,
Yet, You still say…follow her.
I must confess my perplexity at the enormity of this conundrum,
This is much more wise than this fool can seem to understand,
I’m scrubbing my stains,
dashing my inconsistencies against the rock of indifference,
Shoulder deep in Your bloody water,
Hoping what emerges on the other side of death,
is white as the promise that carries me towards this unbelievable,
yet…believing dream.
I must confess my perplexity at the enormity of this conundrum.
This is my ludicrous creed!!!
Spoken with broken crumbs of bread in my beard,
and wine sloppily spilled on my chin,
By hallowed unholy hands that tremble,
As I whisper:
“Lord, I believe, help Thou…my unbelief.


This is my poetic reflection on Matthew 5:1-12, Micah 6:1-8, Revelations 7:13-17
The beatitudes are a series of statements by Jesus that should truly bewilder any honest reader. I wrestle with them, sometimes they pin me, sometimes I get away.

No comments: