Friday, September 21, 2018

Holy Spirit


  In my devotions this morning I felt the comfort of the Spirit and I began to try and describe what I was feeling, so I decided to try and write it down, this is what I came up with. 

The Holy Spirit vitalizes my inner senses,
He enlivens my sympathies:
He rouses my desires to do good to others.
He sweeps through my heart with feelings of loving-kindness for those I know and the strangers I do not.   
He kindles my soul with mercy and inflames my zeal for justice.
And dampens my desire for the carnal.

He gladdens my heart, broadens my interests and expands my horizons.
He inspires my creativity and reveals hidden beauty in all things, from the lisping’s of a child, the lines in the face and the blush of the rose.

He turns my mourning into dancing and deepens my devotion to the Savior.
He illuminates the Holy text and ceaselessly draws me forward.
He gives my patience endurance and my mercies depth.
He stills my mind and calms my fears.
He minimizes my longings and brings content in simplicity.
He stirs my heart with noble themes and muffles the call of the wicked.
He pilots me towards peace and His ways lead to purity.
He protects innocence, advances virtue and brings great joy.

And I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever!

No comments: