Thursday, May 30, 2019



-->

Jesus said, "He (the Holy Spirit) shall take of mine and disclose it to you." John 16:14
  When I read that I immediately had to ask myself what Jesus meant by, "what is mine." I can't begin to grasp all that could include: but at the bottom of it all is His consuming love for humanity. God is love and this Jesus demonstrated in all of God's radiance. I began to wonder why we don't have that disclosed to us in more vivid ways like when Jesus walked the earth? Then I realized that God has provided a way to disclose and display His love to each of us and it is through the birth of our own children and the ensuing love. When we hold a newborn baby in our arms we often call the overwhelming gush of love and affection as natural love; but far from natural, this is God's luminous display of what love is and, of course, how much our hearts can love. We content ourselves to limit it to our family, but I think it is Jesus revealing what is His and by what power we can change the world and glorify God.

No comments: