Thursday, November 14, 2019



At the Gym yesterday, I struck up a conversation with a young woman, 25ish, who commonly works out when I do and we have never spoken but smile occasionally. In conversation I learned she was part of the LGBTQ community. With a little more conversation she revealed she was brutally traumatized in childhood through abuse and she was so candid about her hopelessness and depression that my heart went out to her. I have some excellent resources for Complex trauma recovery and I told her about one. She asked me if the lady was white; I said yes, then she told me she wouldn't listen to anything a white woman had to say. She said she hates white women, and she said it with such venom pouring from her mouth I was startled. I said, "but I'm white as one can be." She said she didn't feel that way about men, although it left me suspicious. She told me she converses with only people of color (and I thought she was white?) and never talks or reads anything by white women. I explained my work on a hotline and how much I've learned about childhood trauma and it shouldn't matter what color truth comes packaged in and I feared she was being racist. That triggered a full on assault and she had her definition of racism, which only included the White patriarchy. She was so thoroughly indoctrinated that she was absolutely blind from reason and there was absolutely no getting through to her and she left in anger. Man! I have never seen such hate openly displayed and I realized how deeply she was indoctrinated by the LGBTQ community. I fear there is a new racism, and it is directed at whites with a greater wrath and vengeance than anything I've ever experienced. I've watched as some Christians rage against the LGBTQ community, but it's nothing compared to what was brewing in her breast! It saddened me greatly and I couldn't help but think we, as Christians, have spawned this. I share this, not to cause further division, on the contrary, but as a caution and encouragement for us to always honor all and the Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will." 2 Tim. 2:24

I prayed about what to do, if anything at all, with this young woman; so I decided to give her a book by Psychiatrist Judith Herman, who taught for thirty years at Harvard and is the leading doctor in her field of trauma recovery. But I feared because she was a woman that the gal would reject it. So I did a search on the doctor to try and find her ethnicity. But I could not; I went to Wikipedia; did an Internet search, looked for bios on her, but all I could get was, "American." So, just in case she rejected it I got my second best book and a man authors it. Then as a final backup plan, I brought the pamphlet I wrote drawing from all those I've read. Lastly, I wrote a half page bio on myself listing some of the major traumas and hurdles I've had to overcome. I enlisted the prayers from others and felt a peace about it.

So, today I went to the gym to see if she was there. When I first entered the gym she was in the very front isolated from everyone and just standing there. So I engaged her and we ended up in a thirty-minute conversation where she appreciatively took all the resources I brought! I told her that when she shared with me the other day about her abusive past, that I sensed a deep sorrow in her and I sensed she has considered suicide many times. When I said that she immediately broke into tears. I comforted her and encouraged her and said, "That's why it is so important to me that you get information that can help you find healing." The Lord developed a connection between us and I left in awe of God's intervention and love. Mercy, He loves the downcast!!!!!

No comments: