Thursday, December 24, 2020


 

This passage really stood out to me today --

"Because of the tender mercy of our God, with which the Sunrise from on high shall visit us, to shine upon those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." Luke 1:78-79

I looked up the word "Darkness" and my Bible dictionary said, "Obscurity, including the idea of sinfulness and the consequent calamity", among other things. 

The impression I was left with is, that as Christians, upon whom God's tender mercy has shown upon, we are to seek those in obscurity suffering calamity as a consequences of their sin. 

When I was a young Christian, I spent most of my time wrangling with people that were not in these conditions, and, frankly, bore little fruit. Of course we should be prepared to share "in season and out of season" because we never know if they are in the season of "darkness, obscurity and calamity" which humbles the soul and opens the heart. 

No comments: