Saturday, October 23, 2021


Acceptance


Oh to know acceptance

In a feeling sort of way;

To be known for what I am --

Not what I do or say.

It's nice to be loved and wanted

For the person I seem to be,

But my heart cries out to be loved

For the person who is really me!


To be able to drop all the fronts

and share with another my fears,

Would bring such relief to my soul,

Though accompanied by many tears.

When I find this can be done

Without the pain of rejection,

Then will my joy be complete

and feelings towards self know correction.


The past to feeling acceptance of God.

Is paved with acceptance on earth;

Being valued by others I love

Enhances my own feeling of worth.

Oh, the release and freedom He gives

As I behold His wonderful face --

As Jesus makes real my acceptance in Him,

And I learn the true meaning of grace.


A pity it is that so late we find

his love need not be earned;

As we yield to Him all manner of strife

A precious truth has been learned.

Then, as we share with others who search

For love, acceptance, and rest;

They'll find in us the Savior's love.

And experience the end of their quest.


C.R. Solomon

No comments: