Tuesday, March 01, 2022



  "In everything I did I showed you that by hard work we must help the weak...." Acts 20:35


 When I read this today what first struck me was the word "MUST." I'm not sure, but I can't think of that many times when we are told we MUST do something. So I looked up the two key words, "Help" and "Weak", so I had a perfectly clear understanding. 

"Help" - Aid, protect, relieve, interest oneself in.

"Weak" - Sick, distressed by want, oppression, calamity; weak in faith and opinion; those whose minds are easily disturbed.

 Just like Christ and Paul, we are to be personally involved with those in need; by this, they are relieved and we grow our sympathies and love. What a wonderful design within the kingdom of God! 

 "You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions. In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” Acts 20:34-35

No comments: