Wednesday, February 08, 2023


 

When I saw this picture I knew I had to share it, but, what is it that strikes me so??? 

I shared this with two friends to get their thoughts and with their collaboration this is what I came up with -- 

Inside every man is seasons. 

Inside everyman is a boy trying to grasp the beginnings of his walk.

His personality will be formed by age 5. 

His body will change dramatically before 15. 

His eyes will watch. 

His ears will see. 

He will grow so fast at times, that his physical will struggle with his mental.  

Then his mental will struggle. 

And back again. 

But a man becomes a man when he is able, be he 5 or be he 75. 

Now the apostle Paul speaks of another man, the "old man" the corrupt man that is self absorbed, shirks responsibility and lives for pleasure, and that man, the "old man," may be our first beginnings, but Christ renews our mind and we become a new creature, and "We shall mount up with wings like eagles, we shall run and not be weary.." 

  I think that is what I see most clearly in this picture, the renewing. 

No comments: