Wednesday, May 24, 2023


 

Foundational Truth

I began reading in Proverbs and came across this verse 

“One who gets “heart” loves his own soul;

One who keeps understanding will find good.”  Pr. 19:8

In the text it said the word heart is the literal translation of “wisdom” which they used. I looked for some other scriptures that used the word “heart” and came to 2 Kings 10:30

“Yet the Lord said to Jehu, “Because you have done well in performing what is right in My eyes, and have done everything that was in My Heart, your sons to the fourth generation shall sit on the throne of Israel.”

It struck me that Jehu had done “well according to everything that was in God’s heart.” How rare it is to hear that message.

 Our goal is to learn and seek “everything that is right in God’s eyes and in God’s heart.” How does one reduce that down? How can it be summarized? I ran across this quote years ago and I think it describes the answer as well as can be. --  

“The principle of God’s Universal love, which is embraced in true Christianity, 

and is indeed its Essence, 

inspires the mind to the most enlarged thinking, 

and at the same time makes knowledge active and practical, thus converting it into Wisdom, by directing it to the promotion of the highest good in the service of mankind.”

If my love for all mankind is not growing and expanding,

I have been distracted from the heart of God. 

“Go into ALL nations..”   


 


No comments: