Thursday, May 04, 2023


 We live in a world where darkness has almost extinguished the light,

so I share this email to motivate others, and so I don't forget her, and to recognize the urgency of the times in which we live,

and truly try and live like Jesus did, He is the only answer.

Here's her story -- 

"I've never really had a mom. Since I was born, my mom has basically always been addicted to hard drugs.

When I was little I always thought she was such a good person, and so funny and spontaneous.

As I grew up I realized that she would ditch out for months at a time,

come back married,

or with a shaved head,

or get her whole body tattooed in a two day span,

or I would sit in the dark for days with her while she was going through withdrawals and would just be getting sick and shaking and crying, or I would find her thinking she was dead because of withdrawals.

I was constantly being around druggies,

and her friends stealing my stuff,

or she would be in jail.

The more time went on, she brought a lot of abusive men around and chose drugs and men over me, and my siblings.

And then my siblings got adopted by other family members,

while I stayed with my dad mostly,

but also off and on with my mom,

watching her struggle with addiction and taking a lot of it out on me.

When I was younger I felt numb to it.

It felt normal.

I genuinely didn't think it affected me.

Now that I'm older and have kids of my own, I see other women who have their moms to lean on, or be their best fried; and it honestly breaks my heart.

My mom is so far gone; she is not normal even she she isn't on drugs.

She is a thief,

a pathological liar,

and mentally slow.

I don't ever like being around her. I feel like I'm grieving somebody who died."

No comments: