Ann Stewart Porter, a friend of mine I met online, and someone I truly consider one of my valued mentors, was sharing the following on her site, –
“I decided this year to write out the Bible in leather journals. I’m in The Letters now.
It’s amazing the different perspectives it gives, things you see you didn’t when just read. Highly recommend!”
One of the sisters, as amazed as I was, commented,
“Wow! What a labor of love!”
Ann responded –
“It’s really been a good thing to do.
I try to change up the way I do my quiet time to keep our relationship exciting and growing for me.
One year I might read the Bible backwards.
One year, start NT then OT. I have read it 6 times in one year.
I have studied and not completed it in a year.
I might study characters or a certain theology I want to particularly learn well.
I might start with the Prophets hardest to read first.
This year and probably next I may be writing it out. Course I’m also leaving time to study certain things that stand out to me.
Although it’s more than I counted on! But I love it!”
We all need mentors in our lives, at nearly 80
I have many.

No comments:
Post a Comment