""If when reading my Bible, I find that the Epistles are gaining a commanding influence upon my mind, I must at once set out to explore the prophets.
If I find some special phase of truth powerfully attracting me, I must not shun it, but neither must I neglect the other aspects of truth.
“The Lord has yet more truth to break from out His Word!” said John Robinson; and I must earnestly seek to find it.
Now, Mr. Goodman is a splendid fellow;
but he fell in love with one lonely little truth,
and now he never thinks, reads, or preaches of any other.
It would be his salvation, and the salvation of his people,
if he would venture forth to climb the peaks that hold no attraction for him.
He would discover, when at last he stood upon their sunlit summits,
that they too are part of God’s great and glorious world."
This is such a practical and important truth, especially for new Christians or for those who have heard little beyond what their pastor or denomination teaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment