Friday, February 26, 2016

A full cordial for the thirsty


When the cloud of darkness settles on your soul, and doubt blurs the image of Christ, the best remedy is the balm of Gilead, apply liberally.

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. So let them shout for joy and rejoice, who favor my vindication; and let them say continually, “The Lord be magnified, Who delights in the prosperity of His servant. And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." And God will provide for those who grieve in Zion: to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; for I have been called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts. 
Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.             
Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God is my strength;
And He has made my feet like hinds’ feet,
And makes me walk on my high places.
                                                                           
2Cor. 5:17 Ps. 35:27, Is. 35:10, Is. 61:3, Jer. 15:16, Nehemiah *:10, Hab. 3:17

No comments: