Thursday, June 22, 2017


  I was reading some of Paul's sentiments toward his fellow believers and so I wove them into what I think it would look like if it were to an individual.

Together with these things, the most important part of our new life is to love each other. Love is what holds everything together in perfect unity.
For it is only right for me to feel this way about you, because I have you in my heart, For God is my witness, how I long for you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
  
For you know that I dealt with you as a father deals with his own child, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live your life worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

My goal is that our hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself.
Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose, to do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard each another as more important than ourselves.

I hope I have proved to be gentle with you, as a nursing mother tenderly cares for her own child. Having so fond an affection for you, I am well pleased to share with you not only the good news of God but also my own life, because you have become very dear to me.

The goal of His command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith

You bring me honor and joy.

Taken from Colossians 3:14, Phil. 1:7-8, 1 Thess. 2:11-12, Co. 2:2, Phil. 2:1-3,

1 Thess. 2:7-8, 1 Tim. 1:5, 1 Thess. 2:11

No comments: