Tuesday, May 08, 2018

My Testimony



  One night when I was 23, a friend and I went out to the woods where a guy we new lived, he always had weed, so we went there and got loaded; then we decided to go into town and just trip on city life. On the way there a song came on the radio I had never heard and it was called, "Better Homes and Gardens." It was about a young married guy that was losing interest in his marriage and was thinking all kinds of things, none good, to find relief. I bolted back in my seat as I was glued to every line: he was telling my story, in every detail! I was absolutely humbled to discover there was another person on the planet that had the same thoughts as I. My ego was so big that I thought I was unique in the entire world. Then it dawned on me, this is on the radio! That means there has to be thousands that relate like me!!!!!
Oh my ego was shattered, the dam broke and it was the beginning of the humbling process.
I told my friend to take me home! He had no idea why, guess he thought I forgot something, but when he asked I just said, "I don't know, but I need to be home!" Perplexed, and after repeated attempts to talk me out of it, he dropped me off.
I went into the house: my wife had tried to commit suicide and she was in the county crisis ward on a 72 hour hold.
In all the commotion she went through a chest and at the bottom of it was her grandmothers Bible, and it was lying out and I picked it up and began to read about Jesus in Matthew.
That night, He visited me, with a flooding rush of divine love that I found incomprehensible, unattainable, but absolutely irresistible! I fell in love with Jesus that night, 49 years ago, and He has guided me, kept me, forgiven me and loves me when all else failed, and I love Him still!


No comments: