Friday, July 13, 2018


  

 "The sweetest thought I ever had of God came to me in the act of laboring for my fellow-man."H.W.Beecher. 

Save my conversion to Christ, the joy that comes from serving our fellow man brings the greatest joy for me. I can look back over my Christian life and when I first left the nursing home after visiting, or the Foster children we helped, the mission feeding the homeless, serving at Teen Challenge and teaching at the jail, all these labors in Christ's vineyard have brought into my life deep and warm relationships, and moments so overwhelmingly spiritual that only Christ's words can near define - 
"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap." 
These experiences are what motivate most of my posts, and I never cease to marvel at the abundance of Christ's presence in deeds of charity. When evil gets the better of me, and my heart drifts from Christ, the first thing that goes is my concern for others, so I know that these inspirations and blessings are all His, and none of me. 

No comments: