Sunday, December 22, 2019




This was written by my son Pastor Eric

 "A retelling of Luke 1:46-55 from the world of the poor that I know. Not the ones that are in vogue to use on political platforms, fancy conference stages or in pointed editorials that pontificate piously in favor of the right kind of poor. But the real poor. The ones people make fun of, steer their carts away from in judgment. The ones that ‘good’ people demonize and disregard as they sip their lattes while scrunching their noses and lifting their eyebrows in disdain. These are the poor of the wrong color and the forgettable zip codes."

Now if you can't understand the following I recommend you get out into the streets more.

Wal-Mart Mary's Magnificent Discovery! Based on Mary's Magnificat

"Mary responded:
My heart is so freaking happy,
to think that God wants to pull me out of this hole,
hits me in the feels!
The fact that He has noticed little old dropout me,
just a part-time Wal-Mart worker,
means people will never talk down to me again,
and will finally act like I’m all that!
Such a Yuge and steller God,
has helped me, when few would.
He has convinced me that He will even
help my kids and their kids too!
God is a beast and he’s doing something that’s epic!
All the big Dogs and fat Cats are being canceled,
and everyone who thinks their all that is getting
knocked off their holier-than-thou thrones.
The nobodies, the toothless, the meth-heads,
couch potatoes, DXl's, pajama-wearing,
and the Mc.D luv’n are finally getting some cred!
He’s loaded me up with bank,
and filled my cart to overflowing,
But given all the Bling wearing,
a “No funds” msg for the first time.
God’s on my side for once,
Giving me a high five,
and lending me a hand.
He’s cut me a whole lot of slack,
and thank God,
He’s remembered all the prayers lifted,
even the ones...the Boomers prayed!"



No comments: