Friday, June 12, 2020

How to get rich

"A large manufacturer from Manchester, England, on retiring from business, purchased a large estate from a noble lord, and it was part of the arrangement that he was to take the house with all its furniture, precisely as it stood. On taking possession, he found that a cabinet which was in the inventory had been removed, and on asking the former owner about it, he said: "Well, I certainly did order it to be removed, but I hardly thought you would have cared for so trifling a matter in so large a purchase." "My lord," was the characteristic reply, "If I had not all my life attended to trifles, I  should not have been able to purchase this estate; and excuse me for saying so, perhaps if your lordship had cared more about trifles, you might not have had occasion to sell it." 

Ha! I just love that!....

No comments: