Friday, May 13, 2022



   "I directed my heart and mind to know, to investigate and to seek wisdom and an explanation, and to know the evil of folly and the foolishness of madness." Eccl. 7:25

  I spend a lot of time studying the impact of childhood abuse, sexual assault and domestic violence. An alarming percentage of the  population are victims of these life altering traumas. 

  Jesus began His ministry proclaiming, "God has anointed Me To preach the good news to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed..." 

When I read the verse in Ecclesiastes I applied it to the "Folly and madness" of abuse.

 Folly means - "tragically foolish actions or conduct, a lack of good sense or normal prudence and foresight. 

Madness means - "behavior or thinking that is very foolish or dangerous : extreme folly. A state of severe mental illness, an extreme inner darkness."

The remedy for the deeds of darkness, folly and madness are found in Christ who "casts out demons and performs cures." 

May I be an informed conduit to better help my fellow man and woman find healing the same way Solomon pursued it: by turning my heart and mind to investigate, to seek wisdom and an explanation for the folly and utter madness of abuse.  

No comments: