Tuesday, September 22, 2020


   "Love, in the Christian system, is not a power by which I am to claim brotherhood with humanity when humanity has reached my standard of moral purity; it is a power by which I am to claim brotherhood with men in their impurity, and through which I am to struggle to make them pure.

I am to realize the fact that those who are lying by the wayside, unworthy to join in the march of life, are still, even in their prostration, my brothers and my sisters, they are still members of the same family of which I am a member, they are still legitimate objects of my solicitude and of my care." George Matheson.

Home mission work, mercy, it is a struggle! Victims of abuse, sexual assault, combat and other horrid traumas require a full draught of grace, but God abundantly supplies those who work the mission here at home in the mission halls and on the streets.  

  


No comments: