Tuesday, September 01, 2020


   "Your prophets have seen for you false and foolish visions;       
And they have not exposed your iniquity." Lamentations 2:14

  When I read that verse this morning I couldn't help think of all the prophecies I've heard about the End Times. Every time a disaster hits new predictions and prophetic hysteria begins. Don't misunderstand me, I'm 74 and the average life-span of a male in the U.S. is 78, so I know the end is near for me. But every generation from the time of Christ thought their's was the last generation, and certainly Paul did. Now my intention is not to provoke conversations embroiled in controversy; but suffice to say; in my fifty one years as a Christian, I've never seen so many lost and hurting souls. I work a hotline and thousands of calls come in each day: souls broken, abused, deserted, depressed to the point of self harm and suicide. The fields, OH CHRISTIAN, the fields are ripe and ready to harvest, but the workers are few. If you specialize in End Time theology, consider adding to that specialty a heart the mourns for the sufferer, the lost, the downcast; surely you can do both, but if only one.....choose wisely.

No comments: