Sunday, April 16, 2023


 "Disgrace has broken my heart, and I am so sick.

And I waited for sympathy, but there was none;

And I looked for comforters, but I found none." 

Ps. 69:20


What a heart wrenching photo.... I wish it weren't so common, 

I wish no child ever experienced child abuse, but sadly, this is all to common today. 

The only question I must ask myself is this, 

"Am I ready and prepared to help her?" 

If not, call me what you will, I'm no Christian. My eyes are blinded, my heart is cold, my faith is impotent. 

Forgive me if I'm harsh, but this is our world today, 

am I in it? 

Am I salt and light? 

Is the pulpit I sit before training me to be an advocate for the hurting?

Do my Bible studies help equip me to break down the gates of hell? 

Am I learning how to love like Jesus loved? 

If a broken child came to me, would I have words of light and life to lift her lost light and broken spirit? 

Are the doors to my heart and home open? 

Or will the Lord speak His words to me --- 

"Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun:

I saw the tears of the oppressed—

    and they have no comforter;.." Ecc. 4:1

This is not an actual photo of an abused girl, but those who fight abuse used cosmetics to mimic the effects of abuse and the girl is a model.

No comments: