Wednesday, April 05, 2023


 My son and a close friend both did a post on prayer today, both were calls to pray.

 

As I was reading them my mind drifted back to the eighties when we had prayer meetings at church and in homes. 

These were times set aside to pray, not to fellowship, not to eat brownies and discuss end times or politics, but just to pray. 


I remember my son inviting me to a prayer meeting he was going to with some people from the Vineyard church. 

My wife and I entered and the prayer had already begun; we found a seat on the floor, there were about a dozen or so there, some were singing songs of worship, others were praying out loud, some quietly praying and the air was alive with the presence of God. 

We were immediately transported by the Spirit into His presence. 

Tears flowed; joy bubbled over in this difficult to describe meeting. 

I left with my heart burning with love. 

So, how does one describe this? I think this passage from Song of Solomon describes it perfectly. 

Song of Songs 8:5-7 TPT

“Who is this one? She arises out of her desert, clinging to her beloved. 

When I awakened you under the apple tree, as you were feasting upon me, I awakened your innermost being with the travail of birth as you longed for more of me. 

Fasten me upon your heart as a seal of fire forevermore.

 This living, consuming flame will seal you as my prisoner of love. 

My passion is stronger than the chains of death and the grave, all-consuming as the very flashes of fire from the burning heart of God. 

Place this fierce, unrelenting fire over your entire being. 

Rivers of pain and persecution will never extinguish this flame. 

Endless floods will be unable to quench this raging fire that burns within you. 

Everything will be consumed. 

It will stop at nothing as you yield everything to this furious fire until it won’t even seem to you like a sacrifice anymore.”

No comments: