Wednesday, January 31, 2024


 

Fallen from the ledge

  The almost visible Veil of tears one enters when walking the downtown streets of 3rd and Burnside.  

One senses the subtle change, into an other-worldly habitation, 

an entrance into the surreal, where the shrieks and cries of human souls echo off the inner-city walls.

The sidewalk surges with sorrow and loss, and human misery is evident in every face. 

Tragedy doesn’t discriminate, 

the young share space with the middle aged and the hoary head.

Each step I take draws me closer to the Savior’s heart, and I sense His presence there like no other place I tread.

The sights and peals of distress penetrate my soul like no sermon ever has.

In this sea of suffering what can one man do? But Jesus bids me go to this “voice of woe” and trust Him to guide my way. 

Each time, 

  every time, 

when my contribution is but “two mites,” 

He descends and wraps me in the warmth of kingdom love, and rewards me with His mystical rapture.


No comments: