Tuesday, January 08, 2019


Sacrifice

  "Christ is the only physician of the soul who does not restore by destroying; all other helpers cure by lopping off a limb. It is possible to cure in such a way. It is possible to make me good by deadening me. Many a child has been made obedient by destroying its power of will. Many a youth has been made moral by the mere exhaustion of his passions. Many a man has come to long for heaven, only because he has lost the chance of ambition on earth. You can stop my flight into danger by depriving me of my wing. You may vanquish temptation at too dear a price -- you may become too cold to feel. The benumbed heart will do no wrong. It will neither strive nor cry, neither plot nor scheme, neither fret nor scold; yet it is not thereby justified. It strives not, because it cares not; it has no temptation, because it has no desire. It has ceased to hate, because it has ceased to live. It is salvation by death." George Matheson.   "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." Matt. 5:17

No comments: