Tuesday, January 07, 2020


 
 There's a lot of controversy around the women's place in the ministry; I think the future generations will decide that based on how they interpret scripture. I'll leave it for them to wrestle with. Now when I consider what women have added to my Christian education it is immeasurable. When I think of Amy Carmichael and Elizabeth Elliot I think of their influence on me for purity; I think about Elizabeth Fry who taught me how to minister to the broken and abandoned; I think of Billy Graham's daughter Anne Graham Lot who teaches me how to share the gospel in boldness, simplicity and without compromise; I think of young Malala who taught me courage; I think of Dorcas who taught me charity; I think of Debra who taught me about wisdom; I think of my wife who teaches me self-control; I think of my own Daughters-in-law who teach me how to rear Godly children; and most of all I think of Mother Teresa who taught me, and the world, how to love like Jesus.

  My Christian values have been shaped by both men and women, but if the contributions of women were removed the loss would be immeasurable.   
   

No comments: