Saturday, July 26, 2008



"The morning, which is the most memorable season of the day, is the awakening hour. Then there is least somnolence in us; and for an hour, at least, some part of us awakes which slumbers all the rest of the day and night............ Morning is when I am awake and there is a dawn in me." Henry David Thoreau.

I like this thought; and I have always loved the morning hours, but till I read this piece I have been unable to define my emotions. I think this captures it as nearly as words can. The morning is when my senses are alive, both physically and spiritually. The Bible speaks clearer in morning light than at any other time of the day. If I were to write a letter or poem, the words come in the morning hours that somehow hide from me at other times.

Photo by Indranil Kar

No comments: