Sunday, August 17, 2008

War Dance

I watched 'War Dance' last night. I loved it. From the DVD jacket it says - "Set in war-ravaged N. Uganda,the Oscar nominated War Dance will touch your heart with a real-life story about a group of children whose love of music brings joy, excitement and hope back into their poverty stricken lives." This would be a gross understatement.
I highly recommend this film.
As I was at church this morning considering the children in the film, praying for them and horrified by what they suffered, and confused why the wicked prosper, the thought drifted into my mind "I am there." And He is. Not a religious movie, but where great sorrow is, there is Faith in God, and their faith couldn't be edited out, it is too much a part of their life. One day this will all be over and there will be no more tears........ I'm looking for that day.
Thank "ThinkFilms" for their noble use of film.

3 comments:

MaryMGlynn said...

I will have to see it :) Thanks for the heads up

Unknown said...

I rented it yesterday...we will watch it this week. We watched Nim's Island last night...not bad.

FCB said...

Yes, please see it Mary.
I watched Nim's Island as well, althought the reviews were horrid, I thought it was cute and fanciful, and love the child star as well as the whole cast.